Home » » We rocked Paris

We rocked Paris









When I got the Dior Homme invite from the headquarters and undid the leather strap to discovered they even gave me a seat i was about to faint. I was so excited to see the show that even seen the semi-models holding the DIOR HOMME sign was giving me goosebumps.


Cuando tuve en mis manos la invitacion de Dior Hombre y deshice el lazo de piel para descubrir que me habian incluso dado un asiento casi me desmayo. Estaba tan nervioso por ver el show que ya cuando vi esos semi-modelos con los carteles de DIOR HOMME se me puso la piel de gallina.







me outside DIOR, picture by Géraldine Dormoy


The new Dior collection was filled with amazing long coats and that feeling of heaviness which I'm sure is just an illusion. The colours also made me rethink my whole wardrobe palette. It's time to move on to total-look cream colour and to get one of those tom-boy style trousers. Also can I just say, Im really happy some of the models were short while their coats were so long, pure visual sex! Here is a video, some pictures and illustrations i quickly did during the show...


La nueva colección de Dior estaba llenita de abrigos largos increibles y de sensaciones de peso que, estoy seguro, es sólo una ilusión. Los colores me hicieron repensarme mi armario y su paleta de colores, ya es hora de trasladarse al color crema entero y de comprarme unos de esos pantalones tom-boy. Y dejadme decir lo contento que estoy de que algunos de los modelos eran super bajitos mientras que sus abrigos casi rozaban el suelo, puro sexo visual. Aquí teneis un video, fotos y unos dibujos que hice mientras disfrutaba el show...














Then, giving a bit of sense of humor to the whole show concept there he was, Igor Dewe in one of those amazing Nina Ricci shoes that caused as much scandal as the last Alexander McQueen "Armandillo shoes"
I have to say I really dislike men in high heels, everytime I see them i can help but looking at them with pitty; taking it really serious, moving like women and speaking like snakes (but that would be a whole new post so we'll come to this subject another day), however I have to wow Igor for making fun of fashion, showing what I sometimes try to say: Fashion is about enjoying it, doing something different and causing an reaction in people.

Menos mal que estaba Igor Dewe quitándolo seriedad a los desfiles, tocando el violin subido a un par de zapatos de Nina Ricci, de esos que causaron tanto escandalo como los Armadillo de Alexander McQueen de la temporada pasada.
Tengo que decir que no soporto a los hombres en tacones, cada vez que veo uno no puedo evitar mirarle con pena; se lo toman tan en serio, se mueven como mujeres, hablan como serpientes (pero todo esto sería un post nuevo así que vamos a dejar el tema para otro día), sinembargo, tengo que felicitar a Igor por reirse de la moda, haciendo lo que a veces trato de decir: La moda consiste en disfrutarla, en hacer algo diferente y en causar una reaccion en la gente.




Igor Dewe and his Nina Ricci shoes





Suit-ing and boot-ing at Dunhill




And talking about shoes, another show that is worth mentioning is Dunhill, and the good work that Kim Jones is doing there. For next season his mixture dandy goes to the mountain keeps me inspired and reminds me how to tuck my trousers into my dm's more often. Well done Kim and well done Francesco and David (from best menswear magazine, HERCULES) for topping up your sturbucks with my katelovesme sticker!

Y hablando de zapatos, otro desfile que merece la pena mencionar es el de Dunhill, y el buen trabajo que Kim Jones esta haciendo ahí. Para la temporada que viene su mezcla de dandy se escapa a la montaña me ha inspirado muchísimo y me recuerda que tengo que meter los pantalones dentro de las Dms más a menudo. Bien hecho Kim y bien hecho Francesco y David (de la mejor revista de hombre, HERCULES) por darle ese toque al starbucks con mi pegatina de katelovesme!



Gala, Francesco and David at Dunhill



Something that made fashion week in Paris more fun was meeting more men like this one, typically french (that's what a friend said) and with my favourite dog of them all, a beautiful Welsh Terrier. I miss you Ulises

Algo que hizo la semana de la moda en Paris más amena fue encontrarme con gente como este hombre, típico frances (según mi amigo) y con un perro de mi raza favorita, un preciosos Welsh Terrier. Te echo de menos Ulises







Then, the last show I went to see was ROMAIN KREMER, who I discovered trough Anna Trevelyan, as she was assisting Nicola Formichetti styling it exactly a year ago. Romain's vision is a very modern man, maybe too futuristic, proud of his body and with hobbies like scuba diving, i'm guessing. Mr Kremer, with Mr Van Ash, has been the best I've seen with my own eyes in the city of lights.

Y para acabar, el último show al que fui invitado fue Romain Kremer, a quien descubrí hace exactamente un año gracias a Anna Trevelyan, que asistia a Nicola Formichetti en el desfile. La visión de Romain es de un hombre moerno, mas bien futurista, encantado con su cuerpo y con pasatiempos como la pesca submarina, digo yo. Mr Kremer, junto a mr Van Ash, han sido lo mejorcito que he visto en la ciudad de las luces.




















And the last night, what we could have called THE night. It all started at the LOEWE icon party, where Stuart Vevers was presenting a leather collection in which Gala was part of and where she introduced me to Louis, a really cool Londoner that taught us the sickest cockney sentences! Give me brain!

Y la última noche, la cual podríamos haber llamado LA noche. Todo empezó con la fiesta icon de LOEWE, donde Stuart Vevers presentaba una pequeña colección en la que Gala formaba parte y donde conoci a Louis, un londinense muy guay que nos dios clases de cockney! Chupamela!

















 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. Kate Advolotkina - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger