Home » » Istanbul Fashion Week

Istanbul Fashion Week





Okay, so as many of you might know I´ve just been at Istanbul Fashion Week and turns out,
Istanbul not only has a Fashion Week but also its people are amazing and talented, they wear
quirky outfits, glitter shoes and are always in a great mood...







After the breakfast with the best views ever at The Conrad Hotel, we head to then tents where
the shows took place, in a really nice building with a beautiful backyard, (that later on would
became my favorite place to be), where all the fashion trash hangs out, take pictures of each
other and loook busy, like me...














ELLE Editor at Large´s Isin Gormus,
when I met her I felt in love!










Atil Kutoglu was the first show I went to see here and I was gladly surprise to see interesting
cuts and quality fabrics plus the catwalk knowledge of Alec Wek, who opened and closed the
show








However the best part of the day (not including the night, obviously) was meeting the ELLE
magazine team, they are all so cheeky and so much fun! We all had a blast at the Atil after party
at Chalet of the Swiss Hotel, where I met so many other increible women aka Demet Kutluay
and incredible man aka Olivier Zahm

















Then we headed to the Istanbul Modern museum, where not only we admired the architectonic
esque dresses from the super talented duo Dice Kayek but, as I´ll show you in another post, I
enjoyed the biggest Hussein Chalayan exhibition and coolest Dries Van Noten heels ever,
sported by ELLE girl Seda, of course











The last show of the day, Bora Aksu,
had on the front row fashion institutions like Anna Piaggi














And to finish my first day at Istanbul Fashion Week,
ELLE threw a VIP dinner at the restaurant with the best views











Natalia




ELLE Fashion Editor´s Hafize Celikturk,
one of those women you dont wanna mess with and who also
made me fall in love with her by wearing that t-shirt. She rocks



Melis Agazat, the originality herself



The next day I had the pleasure to meet the ELLE cover girl of the month,
what I called ¨the other Cindy¨, you can probably guess why...








Ok, I confess I couldnt understand anything it was written, who actually read texts on fashion magazines (or blogs) anyway?
However ELLE Turkey looked amazing and the editorials were great, we all love Tulin Sahin!






And that evening, I was invited to Arzu Kaprol ´s show















The truth is I was anxious for a turkish night out, and boy, did we have a night!
Starting with the VOGUE party at the Pera Palas Hotel....

















...following with the cocktails on the streets of Istanbul...
















Deniz, one of my beautiful Turkish readers, wearing Eda Ak,
a Turkish fahsion designer to watch out




...and finishing on the early hours of the morning with the Tank Magazine girls: Gerogie and Chloe (my personal
Cameron Diaz + Drew Barrymore) , who actually I have to say, they are fucking wicked man!














The next day I had to take it slow so I decided to be a good boy and visit the city,
getting some inspiration and having turkish food







































On Saturday I woke up as excited as a little boy on christmas day, as I had my photoshoot for ELLE magazine and Ozge Ozcan, (the Fashion Editor´s assistant) would be up in my room to try on clothes any minute. I can´t post anything yet but as soon as I get permission from the ELLE Turkey team I´ll post a video from the photoshoot that took place on a few iconic places of the amazing city of Istanbul and it was styled but the previously introduced and amazing Hafize Celikturk


And just like that, I couldn´t believe a week had passed on the only city of the world that is divided by a sea and occupying two continents, but it was time for the last show, KOTON, where the ELLE magazine editors, the celebrities, the bloggers and my favourite photographers took the front row to see Alessandra Ambrosio shaking that ass!



From left to right: Famous architect wearing Margiela (don´t know her name), Isin Gormus, the lovely Isik Simsek and Melis Agazat


Stunning ELLE´s Seda Yilmaz



Next to me: Nesli from styleseekingzurich, Natalia and Pascal from fashionbitsandbobs



My favorite photographers, Elle´s in-house!








So yeah, I´m clapping too, but to all the people that made my stay in Istanbul one of the most amazing time this summer, all the bloggers, designers, photographers, editors and not fashion related people (they do exist too) I´ve met and, of course, my three lovely sponsors, thank you so much.







Also big Thank you! to Selda Baskaya for been the most amazing
and fun photographer ever!




 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. Kate Advolotkina - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger