Home » » Got an i-D (a)

Got an i-D (a)




Recently I find very difficult to get inspirations from magazines.
When I was little one of my favourite ways to spend time was covering books and folders with provocative or politucly incorrect images and cut outs from magazines like The Face, that very rarely would make it into any shops in Spain.
That's why when, last sunday, while staying at Hotel Costes in Paris, I found very refreshing to flick trough the i-D book that was on the night stand


Últimamente me parece muy difícil encontrar inspiración en revistas actuales.
Cuando era pequeño, una de mis maneras favoritas de pasar el tiempo era forrando libros y carpetas para el cole con imágenes provocativas o políticamente incorrectas y recortes de revistas como The Face, que muy raramente llegaban a España.
Por eso, cuando el domingo pasado que estaba en Hotel Costes en Paris, me pareció muy reconfortante echarle un vistazo al libro de i-D que había en la mesita al lado de la cama









































I know fashion in a circle, nothing is new and all that, I don't wanna get into it. However, The images on the book got me to think about how sad it is when something authentic, something you really feel, becomes so mainstream, and followed by many many people, it suddenly looses its meaning, its strength.
In some of the images I could see where the inspirations of many people I know come from, the era, the attitude... In others I see myself, following a movement that I didn't even researched before but that re-inspires me and makes me look for a change, not only physical but metal wise too.
How to keep that power ?


Ya se que la moda es u círculo, nada es nuevo y todo eso en lo que no quiero entrar en debate. Sinembargo las imágenes del libro me hicieron pensar en lo triste que me parece cuando algo autentico, algo por lo que de verdad sientes pasión se vuelve tan general y seguido por tanta gente.
Es como si perdiera su significado, su fuerza.
En algunas de las imágenes veo claramente de donde vienen las ideas de mucha gente que conozco, la era, la actitud... En otras me veo a mi mismo, siguiendo un movimiento al que nunca busqué pero que, de alguna forma, me re-inspira y me hace querer cambiar de nuevo, no solo fisica pero mentalmente también.
Como mantener ese poder?



I WANNA GO BACK THERE,
march 2008
















QUIERO VOLVER ALLI
marzo de 2008

photos by Kiko Buxo






 
Support : Your Link | Your Link | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. Kate Advolotkina - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger